Today I am going to show you how to make an AMAZING hand (and foot) scrub with Essential Oils that one of my ‘adopted aunts’ makes! However, I had forgotten how to make it, so I give this excellent post credit for some of these directions. 😉
Let’s get into it…
What You Need…
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
- 1 cup of sugar
- Essential Oils
- An 8 oz. jar
What to do…
- Melt the Coconut oil. I put mine in for 50 seconds in the microwave.
- Mix the Coconut Oil with the sugar until you have a rather gritty, sand-like mixture. I think a lot of people use a blender to do this, but I found it just as easy to go grab a spoon, lol. ;P
- Now it’s time for Essential Oils! I personally LOVE peppermint for this hand scrub, but then again, I become automatically addicted to anything that has peppermint in it. 😀 For a more ‘summery’ scrub, you could do lavender or maybe combine orange and lemon for a citrus scent. I just kept putting drops into my mixture until I liked the strength of the scent.
- Mix it all up and pour/scoop it into your jar!
How to Use…
The purpose of the scrub is to make your hands (you can definitely use this on your feet, too-my feet get really dry, so this scrub has become one my best friends :P) smooth, and trust me, IT DOES IT’S JOB! The how is pretty simple. The sugar works almost like a sand paper and takes all the dead cells off your skin. The coconut oil moisturizes your hands, and the Essential Oils soothes them and makes them smell wonderful! Your hands will feel so soft and refreshed after you use this scrub. 🙂
- Do not get your hands wet. They need to be dry in order for the scrub to work like it’s supposed to.
- It doesn’t take much to do the trick! Just ‘dig’ your fingers in the jar and put some in your palm.
- Rub vigorously all over your palms, the backs of your hands, and in between your fingers. Once your hands feel really grainy all over…
- Rinse it off and prepare to be totally amazed! 😀
If you make this, tell me and lemme’ know how you liked it! Enjoy!! 😀